Sorry for the later posting of the journal. I just got caught up in all those delicious-looking cookies!
Archive for ‘Comic’
Darn but those cookies look good!
And if you’d like a recipe for these Emperor’s Cookies/Little Rogues/Spitzbuben, here it is!
Emperor’s Cookies – German Christmas Cookies
Irresistible jam-filled Christmas cookies shaped like stars, hearts, or rounds. The round ones are also called Little Rogues (Spitzbuben).
3 cups flour 300g
1 cup powdered sugar 125g
1 package vanilla sugar
1 pinch Salt
4 egg yolks
7 tablespoons butter 100g
raspberry or strawberry jam
1. Sift flour onto work surface and make a hole in the center. Put powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and egg yolks inside the hole and place the butter flakes on top of it. Quickly knead ingredients to form smooth dough. Cover with kitchen towel and let chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface as thinly as possible. Cut out cookies with cookie cutters. If using different shapes, make sure to always cut out even numbers for each shape. Use a small round cookie cutter to make a hole in the center of half the cookies. Place cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350° F in the preheated oven.
5. Let them cool down. Spread jam on cookies without hole and place the other half (cookie with hole) on top. Mix the powdered sugar and the vanilla sugar and dust the cookies.
6. You may also use only round cookie cutters. The round version of these cookies is also known as Little Rogues (Spitzbuben).
–Credit goes to Germanfoods.org for this recipe. Link provided above
After being out of the con circuit for two years… I found there’s a bit more catching up and haven’t the material to cover the week. Between that and the move and prepping for two kid birthday parties, I will instead be pimping the…
LIVE AND IN-PERSON APPEARANCES OF JADE GRIFFIN OF “56SHARDS” AND THE AWESOME DAVE OF “SELKIE”.
That’s right! We’ll be sharing a table at SNAFU Con being held at The Nugget Hotel, 1100 Nugget Ave. in Sparks, NV from Oct. 6-8. Come stop by! The theme is Multiverse which fits SHARDS perfectly so I’ll be cosplaying as Timelord Alice! Come stop by Table 28, buy a mystery bag or some SHARDS and Selkie merch, and chat it up! Commissions also available!